Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!!

Picture from skiptucker.blogspot.com
I know I am a few days late, but I was in FLORIDA (again!) and did not have access to the internet. But I am excited about 2011 and growing my blog. As you guys read previously, Erika and I went on a mini roadtrip and met up with some fellow bloggers. We had a blast, and I learned a lot about the best way to grow my blog. And, boy, do I have so much to learn. This post is dedicated to some things that you can expect to see from me throughout this year and also a few of my New Year's resolutions!

Recipe Renovations: This is a project I started a few months ago, and I let it dwindle. However in 2011 this will be posted each week! In the last year, I have put an emphasis on health and eating better; not a diet, but a lifestyle change. This portion of my blog is where you can find a recipe that is "renovated" in a healthier version of a not-so-healthy original. I love food just as much as the next person, but I also love knowing that what I am eating is benefiting me, and I want to share that with my readers as well!  I promise that all the recipes are easy and can be put together quickly. They will also be budget-friendly.

Meal Plans: Let's be honest. Sticking to healthy eating can be difficult because it does require a little bit more effort than throwing in a TV dinner. But the results and the benefits far outweigh the latter. Each month, I will post my dinner menu to help you stay on track with eating well. If you see something that interests you, feel free to e-mail me. I would love to send the recipe!

New Year's Resolutions:

1. Quit chewing gum.
        ~I have this terrible addiction to gum. Now, I do not think that it is bad for me per se, but it is not so friendly to my wallet. I am talking, I would go through about 6-10 packs of gum a week. This a problem. Therefore, I am quitting cold-turkey! So far I have not cheated. Wish me luck, please!

2. Lose 15 pounds.
I am in 2 weddings this summer, and I would like to feel fabulous! I am going to make sure that I am dedicated to my workouts and eating right while also portioning my food. Right now, I am not going to keep a food journal, but if I am not seeing results, I may turn to that. What are your strategies for losing weight??

3. Get my small business license for The Cupcake Cutie!

What are your New Year's Resolutions?? I would love to hear them and be able to help encourage you all to stick to it! There is nothing more satisfying than knowing that you worked hard to meet your goal! Good luck, and I hope to get to know more of you through your blogs! Happy 2011!

4 comments:

Previously Owned said...

oh, resolutions... haha I love making lists, so it wasn't as hard as I thought this year but like you I'd like to eat healthier. (and have tons of cupackes everyday lol) just kidding!

I made a list in case you'd want to check it out http://previouslyowned.blogspot.com

<3

I'm rooting for ya! Let's all help each other into realizing them. Happy new year as well! (oh, and did you change your background from black to pink? or was it my e-reader that's crazied?)

Meghan Rae said...

Yes! Eating healthier is the most important one on my list. Good luck! Let's definitely keep each other accountable.

Erika of Style Activist said...

Love this! <3
Keeping each other accountable is key!

XOXO,
Erika
www.styleactivist.com

Jenna said...

These are great resolutions. I want to lose 10 lbs too. :) You just feel better, don't you?? I think so! And I love the gum thing--I also feel like I am terrible at this. I swear, I consume too much. I am constantly replenishing the supply and always have a piece in my mouth. I hear ya!! I have a couple other resolutions in mind, but they are more like goals. (Little luck involved, a lot of hard work. :)

Happy New Year! I look forward to following along with your blog as much as I can!

XO,
Jenna